THE BROWN HOUSE
by Christy Sloat
3 autographed copies will be given away on Friday, December 21, 2012!
About the Book:
1) If Oprah invited you onto her show to talk about your book, what would the theme of the show be?
True stories turned into books. Because The Brown House is a real house. My husband and his family lived in it for years. I finally decided that it was time to write about it.
2) When did you first know that you wanted to be a writer? Have you had other jobs along the way?
I had always wanted to write. I had worked in the dental field for 12 years. I finally said, “That’s it!” I quit and followed this path. I am so happy I did.
3) Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
My first Barnes and Noble book signing for my first book, The Many Lives of Avery Snow. It was so awesome!! I loved being there and meeting fans.
4) The Brown House is a great title! Who came up with it? Was it the original title or did it change along the way?
Well, it’s been called or refered to as, ‘the brown house’ for years because it’s brown. But I choose it as the titles because the Brown family are the members who haunt the house.
5) If your book were to be turned into a movie, would your dream cast be?
Diana Agron for Brylee Branson and Zac Efron as Ephraim.
They would be perfect
Christy Sloat is a Southern California native who now lives in New Jersey with her husband and two daughters.
She believes that reading is a passion and it should be embraced. If she is not reading or writing she is cooking or spending quality time with her children.
She believes in past lives and love that can last lifetimes. She is a huge Twilight and Harry Potter fan who watches the movies constantly.
PLEASE NOTE: If you already follow us on Twitter, or Like us on Facebook, there is no need to unfollow/refollow or unlike/relike to get your entries. Just follow the directions in the raffle copter widget to verify you already follow/like us and it will count your entry.